ITBMed is a biopharmaceutical company developing specific immunomodulatory biologics for transplantation, autoimmunity, neurodegenerative diseases, and gene therapy. The lead candidate drug siplizumab is a monoclonal antibody in clinical development, which has shown significant potential in transforming the life for organ transplant patients, by allowing the complete discontinuation of all immunosuppression treatment and restoration of a normal life.
ITBMed also has a strong preclinical research and development profile, in collaboration with premier US and European universities, that has the potential to provide novel IP and break ground for new indications and treatments.
- Siplizumab – lead candidate drug, a humanized anti-CD2 directed monoclonal antibody, with unique mechanisms of action. Used in over 700 patients in Phase I/II trials.
- Siplizumab is Orphan Drug Designated in both the US and Europe.
- Siplizumab has the potential to provide revolutionizing improvements in the treatment of transplant patients by:
- Allowing complete immunosuppression withdrawal long-term
- Minimizing the toxicities of chronic standard-of-care immunosuppression use, including for example cancer, opportunistic infections, diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia
- Improving quality-of-life
- Lowering healthcare costs
- Treatment potential in several areas of high clinical unmet need including organ transplantation, stem cell transplantation, autoimmunity, neurodegenerative diseases, and gene therapy.
- World-leading medical and scientific advisors.
- Board of Directors with long pharma, biotech, and medical expertise.
- Based in New York, USA and Stockholm, Sweden.